Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wk 4 Publishing_Leadership Project


My action research project centers around a particular method for improving behavior, so I wanted to contribute my findings to either a publication or conference where Positive Behavior Support is also the central theme. I came across the 2011 National PBIS Leadership Forum called Implementing Innovation for a Lasting Effect which is being held October 27 & 28 in Illinois. This forum is specifically designed for educators in the process of implementing PBS at a school- or district-wide level. The forum has a call for poster presentations that allow presenters to share examples of how PBS has been implemented.

I was unable to find any other upcoming conferences I thought would be interested in this topic in particular, so my second choice appears to be creating a paper for publication, which I have already begun working on in case my first choice does not work out. The publication I have decided on is the Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, which publishes research on changing problem behaviors that have social significance.


Publishing/Leadership Thinking Out-loud #1
Publishing/Leadership Thinking Out-loud #2
Alman_Jennifer_PubLeadProject

No comments:

Post a Comment