Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

BP1 Google Reader



The first RSS feed I added was related to my Action Research project, which is the school wide behavior modification program my school is implementing next school year. The program is called Positive Behavior Support (PBS). The PBS website has an RSS feed with lots of information that will help me along the way, both in using the program in my classroom and with my action research requirements.



The RSS feed from the National Council for Teachers of Mathematics provides a wealth of information and articles specifically targeted for math teachers. Since not all the articles or stories they post will apply to what I am teaching, I can easily see which ones I am interested in reading further and just read those. What a time saver for me!



This feed is a little more fun, but it is math related. It posts challenges, word problems, puzzles and books about math that can used in the classroom. It provides a way for me to quickly get new ideas to use with my students without having to come up with it myself.



With technology changing and evolving so quickly, it is hard to stay abreast of the latest technology being used in the classroom. This feed gives up to date information on how technology is being used in education. I can easily read more about the specific aspects of integrating technology that interest me most without reading through a whole magazine.



I really don’t enjoy reading so much so this feed is right up my alley. This is the You Tube for teachers. The videos vary widely, but they are all related to education. Some can be shown in the classroom to reinforce concepts you are teaching while others are more informational and highlight specific subject areas or education in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment