Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

BP 4 Cmapper

 The web 2.0 tool I reviewed was Cmappers (http://www.cmappers.net/), which is a collaborative mind mapping software. Users can add text, pictures, links, etc. to create interactive mind maps. I feel this tool could be useful for my Action Research project. At my school, we are implementing a new behavior program for the upcoming school year that requires collaboration and reviewing amongst teachers, committee members and administrators. Throughout the school year, teachers will need to review how the behavior plan is working in the classroom and in the school in general; so being able to communicate this progress is an important part of this process. A tool such as collaborative mapping could be used to allow all of these people to share strategies and ideas for dealing with difficult behavior issues not just in the beginning of the year, but also as the year progresses. It is flexible enough to allow users to add topics, share on topics, and add links to websites that could provide more information on a give topic. The ability to do this can really open up the lines of communication in the group and provide much needed support for teachers during the implementation this behavior plan. In addition to the implications this software can have on my Action Research project, there are many features I liked about this software. It is free, easy to access (since it is web-based), the website provides users with tutorials on using the software and has a database of concept maps added by users.

3 comments:

  1. Jen,
    I absolutely love Cmapper to create graphic organizers. It's user friendly and allows you to be creative by adding pictures and videos. I have only used it for brainstorming purposes but you make a great point on how you will use it with your AR project. I think Cmapper will serve as a great tool to allow you to store all of your ideas and topics. I look forward to using it for other activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,
    I think this might be better than bubbl.us, but I'm not sure. I'll be making a side by side comparison to see which one is better for my students and/or Action Research.. I might even have my students choose the one they like best. Thank you for introducing me to Cmapper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen,
    I have always loved the idea of mind mapping because it allows you break down ideas and helps with problem solving. The tool you’ve discovered takes mind mapping to whole new level though. I will definitely explore Cmapper for my research projects. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete